Thursday, June 27, 2013

Paris, Part Deux

Today was a long, yet simple, day.
We returned to the Louvre and this time actually went inside.











And we all know by now how much of a fan I am of da Vinci.

So naturally a visit to the Mona Lisa was in order.
However the crowd there was so large and the painting so small, that one was barely able to do more than squeeze to the front, snap a photo or two, then leave.
That took away fron the essence of the viewing somewhat, but at least I made it.



There were a few other famous pieces to visit as well.



I thought it would be interesting to do a study of people looking at the artworks.

But it looks like I had been beaten to it long ago.

Of course the building itself was just as must of an exhibit as the works on display.





Once we had finally had enough (but by no means had seen all that there was to see) and recovered with a late lunch, we stopped by the Moulin Rouge for a quick photo.

I think that I should be hired to take photos for postcards, don't you? Although my pictures are nowhere near fantastic, they're still better than the ones sold at the tourist stores. Oh well, I think that I'll try some of the local book stalls along the river tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment