Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Updates and Seattle Sunshine

When I was in Europe I most certainly did not expect to return to Seattle and find it hotter than I had left it!
I was in for quite the surprise. With temperatures reaching up to 90F and no fans in my apartment, I needed to come up with some innovative ways of beating the heat while recovering from jet lag.

First, always stay hydrated.
And if possible, do it in style, such as with a Van Gogh Sunflowers cup.

Whip up a chicken salad (with blueberries, apple pieces, carrot, and feta cheese).

 Then hang out on your porch drinking iced green tea out of a mason jar while reading a good book. Seattlite status acquired.

In other news, the blog has got a bit of a mini makeover today! By no means my final design, I figure that I will be toying with it constantly in the near future. Despite how professional it looks, I'm attempting not to simply copy the layout of one of my favorite blogs, The Londoner.

And now with all this sunshine, I suppose that it's time for a swim at Greenlake! More to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment