Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fair Verona

We finally left Munich and made it to Italy this morning. Unfortunately, due to some serious train and hotel issues I can not say that my first impressions of the country were the best. At the very least, the views during the train ride were magnificant.




Once we finally found a hotel, I ended up using most of the day to catch up on sleep. In the evening though we got tickets to the Arena di Verona, a restored Roman amphitheater which is now used for opera performances.




Although the show was indeed magnificant, we were still tired from the day's journeys and could not understand anything that was being said regardless. So by the time midnight hit and the forth act had not even begun yet, we decided that was enough for us.

Since I knew that there would not be a lot of time to explore the city the following day, I took a bit of time to explore the home city of Romeo and Juliet on my own by night.



As if to keep true to its history, there were a number of young lovers tucked away in almost every shadowy corner. I, however, thought that the city was fine but to me the place seemed to hold more potential for dust than romance.

This morning we took a bit of time to see the city by day. 





Though it was a bit nicer in the daylight, perhaps I was never quite taken with the city because we never really left the main tourist center. Either way, I believe that I am more than ready for Venice tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment