Thursday, June 20, 2013

Munchen

We finally made it to Munich! Or, Munchen if you want to sound properly German. Although we were only here for a day, I think that we were able to make the most of it.

The afternoon started with a quick walk around the center of downtown to admire the German city life and architecture.





There were also tributes to the local wildlife.


Then we popped into the marketplace for a bit of shopping and a bite to eat.




German cuisine seemed to mainly consist of red meat, brown sauce, starch, and beer. But if it had been a bit less scorching outside (even the locals were complaining of the heat) and I had been a bit more hungry, I suspect that I would have tried to qualify as a "professional."

Then we were off to the English Garden for a bit of R&R and to get a bit of a break from the city.


That did not last for too long, however, as I then decided that walking along the roof of the Munich olympic stadium sounded like a good idea of a fun time.



Oh, you think I'm kidding?

It was actually a walking tour along the edge of the structure, and you learn about its history and construction. I was surprised that it was actually a lot of fun and incredibly informative. Not nearly as "touristy" as I had been expecting. Though that was probably because due to the heat, the rest of the group had cancelled and I had a private tour all to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment